Beware the cleaners!
Like most office-based dwellers we have cleaners in every day who do a varying job in tidying up. Some are good and thorough, others Ă‚Â appears to have mastered the art of pushing a duster or a hoover around but not actually achieving much.
Mind you, if it wasn’t for the lazy people who sit at the desks not clearing up after themselves, I guess the cleaners would have a lot less to pretend to clear up.
At the height of the supposed flu pandemic, when every third person was expected to die a horrible death, or something, someone came up with the idea of providing antiseptic wipes for every desk station. Like every budgetary-managed item, we had boxes and boxes of the stuff for the first few months, now, presumably after the tea and medals were awarded for such a fantastic,Ă‚Â innovativeĂ‚Â and money-saving scheme have been long issued, you’re more likely to see Shergar riding Lord Lucan across the HQ car park than being able to de-infect your desktop and keyboard with handily-placed wipes.
This lightĂ‚Â introductionĂ‚Â to today’s entry is actually a lead-in to a serious and sad story from Chicago.
Forty-two year old police officer, Kevin Morgan, a tactical officer with the Chicago PD died in April this year afterĂ‚Â inhalingĂ‚Â noxious fumes from a cleaning substance sprayed onto a desk beside him. The 15-year veteran became ill and started coughing and having difficulty breathing. He was hospitalised and later released after treatment. His illness persisted and doctors were forced to put him into a medically induced coma after his lungs began to shut down.
An autopsy report has stated that his death was due to lung illness from inhaling noxious fumes.
He left behind two teenage children.