Does anyone know what’s happened to the investigations into alleged financial mismanagement in the National Black Police Association?
It was reported back in June that:
- 8 members spent more than £25,000 on a fact-finding mission to the USA & Canada
- Cheques totalling nearly £40,000 were issued but investigators couldn’t find out to whom.
- No paperwork existed for 59 out of 72 payments in part of 2005.
- One member spent £1,400 on 2 sat-navs.
- No accounts had been filed since 2003.
Apparently, the Home Office froze the funds of the NBPA in April pending an investigation by auditors.
Strange how an organisation which spends so much time & effort criticising everyone else does not itself appear to be whiter than white.